By Porter Anderson, Editor-in-Chief | @Porter_Anderson
Book Fairs, Young Readers, and Independent Publishing
Quickly, a look at what’s on tap on the second of the three program days here in Israel, the second in-person iteration of the Jerusalem International Book Forum.
9:30 a.m. Israel Daylight Time (GMT + 3)
Book Fairs Today: Challenges, Prospects, and What the Future Holds
- Moderator Ziv Lewis (Kinneret Zmora Publishing House)
- Juergen Boos (Frankfurter Buchmesse)
- Nopi Chatzigeorgiou (Thessaloniki Book Fair)
- Elena Pasoli (Bologna Children’s Book Fair)
- Frida Edman (Bokmässan Göteborg Book Fair)
11:15 a.m. Israel Daylight Time (GMT + 3)
Where the Cool Kids Are: The Rise and Rise of YA and Children’s Literature
- Moderator Rena Rossner (Deborah Harris Agency)
- Barbara Marcus (Random House Children’s Books PRH)
- Natasha Farrant (Literary Scout and Author)
- Thille Dop (Luitingh-Sijthoff)
- Marta Mazza (Mondadori Children’s Books)
3 p.m. Israel Daylight Time (GMT + 3)
Indie Prospects: Why Independent Publishers Are Stronger Than Ever
- Andrew Franklin (Profile Books)
- Dorit Tamir (Tamir and Alma Publishing)
- Dr. Andreas Rötzer (Matthes and Seitz)
Participation in all Forum events requires pre-registration.
More from Publishing Perspectives on the Jerusalem International Book Forum is here, more from us on international publishing conferences and events is here, and more on the Zev Birger Editorial Fellowship is here.
More on the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on international book publishing is here.