Everything gets even more complicated with the 2018 Tesla Model S, which skipped an LA cross last weekend. For those who have not seen the clip, it is both incredible to watch and frustrating to watch, especially on a public street. Now, contrary to what appeared to be the case on Monday, at least one witness on the spot says that social media personality Dominykas “Durte Dom” Zeglaitis, who claimed to be the driver of the electric sedan, did not sat behind the wheel at the time of the crash. The LAPD considers Zeglaitis a person of interest based on his social media posts, but Alex Choi – a YouTuber who soon posted a video of the crash online – claims he was not even on the scene.
Updated on 22/3/2022 at 15:30 ET: A few hours after this story was published, Zeglaitis confirmed that he was not driving a Model S. He was not even on the scene – he watched Choi’s video from home and edited clips to make it seem like he was behind the wheel. It all became public in a video posted on his YouTube channel as he could not write to TikTok when his account was banned.
Zeglaitis was contacted by police and even appeared in the local news when a film crew visited his house. He hinted that it was a hoax by saying “You can not believe everything you see on the Internet.” He closed his video by saying, “The media likes to exploit the downfall of public figures, and if they do not have a story to attack, they will create one.”
According to the LAPD, the Tesla was not owned by the driver; it was actually rented by Enterprise. Police have reportedly not yet spoken to the person whose name is linked to the car, but they say it will happen soon. Just because he rented the Tesla does not mean that they skipped it.
What we know for sure is therefore still hazy, and it is worth noting that what one personality on social media says about another must be taken with a grain of salt.
A victim of the stunt, Jordan Hook, had his Subaru rendered unusable when the Model S landed and crashed into it. Hook started a GoFundMe to help raise money for a replacement, but Choi then admitted to using a YouTube copyright procedure to remove a video that Hook had posted. Choi says Hook’s clips mistakenly claimed he “orchestrated and coordinated the stunt,” saying he was simply a witness. This was followed by a $ 2,000 donation to Hooks GoFundMe.
Choi hosted a Tesla meeting before the incident occurred – one he claims the driver of the jumped Model S attended. When the meeting was over, Choi says the driver of the Tesla would show him where the star on social media David Dobrik had jumped his Model X last year. Choi, who claims he did not know the driver, committed, and that was when the incident occurred. His summary of the incident goes into detail about what happened, but it is unclear whether Choi is talking to police to find the driver.
Zeglaitis’ TikTok account has been banned since the incident took place, but his YouTube account is still up and it has a clip showing the crash. He posted the update where he said it was all a scam around noon on Tuesday.