Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attended secret Halloween party with cousin Eugenie night before relationship went public

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have revealed how they let their hair down with Princess Eugenie the night before their relationship went public. 

In the first episode of their bombshell Netflix docuseries, Meghan told viewers she and Harry dated privately for about six months in 2016.

But when Harry was told their relationship had been scooped by a British tabloid and would be published the following day, the couple decided to “just go out and have fun” one last time.

Love news? Stream 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer ends 31 October, 2023

The pair attended a secret Halloween party in October 2016 with Harry’s cousin Princess Eugenie, her boyfriend at the time Jack and Meghan’s friend Marcus. 

“We went to this Halloween party together, where we could be completely dressed up and no one would know,” Harry said. 

“I had a bandana and goggles.”

“We were like, ‘well, this might be out last shot to just go out and have fun’,” Meghan added. 

The episode also included footage of Meghan and Harry at the house party with Eugenie and her now husband Jack Brooksbank. 

The four were dressed in costumes and took several candid photos together. 

“It was so great. Just silly fun. And then (clicks her fingers),” Meghan said. 

“Next morning it was so overwhelming.”

Prince Harry added: “Naively, I didn’t know what I was walking into. But in October of 2016, when suddenly, everything changed.”

‘All hell has not yet broken loose’ since Harry and Meghan’s doco dropped on Netflix

In episode two, Meghan claimed she was then hounded by paparazzi and the British media as the pair entered the next stage of their whirlwind romance. 

“I remember coming out of the flower shop, going to get flowers, and there must have been nine or then paps standing in the middle of the street,” she said, after it was revealed she was dating Prince Harry. 

“It felt like all of the media descended upon Toronto. My house was just surrounded.” 

Harry later confessed he felt “completely helpless” at the time. 

'Eventually' Prince Harry and Meghan will have 'nothing else to offer'

Meanwhile, a row has erupted over whether the royal family was approached for comment on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s controversial Netflix documentary.

The first episode of Harry and Meghan opened with a disclaimer stating members of the royal family “declined to comment” and be involved in the series.

But hours after the series aired on Thursday, a senior source insisted Netflix made no attempt to contact Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace or the family. 

The second volume, which includes episodes 4-6, will be released next week on December 15.