Suspected Shadow Hills prowler captured after manhunt

?Url=Https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia Times Brightspot.s3.Amazonaws.com%2Faf%2F46%2F15877C3747968A466472A115B2D7%2Fla Me Prowler Caught01

An intense day-long manhunt for a suspect serial burglar in the San Fernando Valley ended with an arrest Wednesday, authorities said.

A police K-9 caught the man, identified as 25-year-old Benjamin Renteria, in dense undergrowth near the Hansen Dam around 10:40 p.m., according to Los Angeles Police Department Officer Lizeth Lomeli.

Aerial footage of the scene from CBS-TV channel 2 showed a team of officers and dogs swarming late into the night in the area around Shadow Hills Avenue and Wentworth Street. Renteria was later seen in an ambulance, where he was reportedly being treated for a dog bite.

He was held on suspicion of burglary and is being held in lieu of $240,000 bail, Lomeli said.

Authorities have been looking for a man, believed to be armed and on foot, since earlier this week. On Tuesday, a SWAT team closed out in a hilly area in Sunland, but arrived empty.

Police said Renteria may be responsible for nine burglaries to commercial and residential properties in October and November.

Security videos from the area showed a man carrying various types of firearms, including handguns, shotguns and an AR-15 rifle.

Residents in Sunland and Shadow Hills were warned to lock their doors and stay alert.

Google News Follow 1
Suspected Shadow Hills prowler captured after manhunt 3

Leave a Reply

x