Music streaming company Spotify Has announced that it is offering new lyrics feature to all free and worldwide users on all platforms.
This feature was previously offered only in a limited selection of countries. Users in other markets only “Behind the song, “A feature that offers songs that interact with Trivia about the song, its meaning, artist and other comments.
The songs are provided by Musixmatch, which claims to have a library of “over 8 million” titles.
Songs will be available on all operating systems and devices that support the Spotify app, including iOS, Android, desktop computers, gaming consoles and smart TVs. Additionally, users have the ability to share songs on social media.
“Songs are one of the most requested features from listeners around the world. So after repetition and testing, we’ve created an experience that’s simple and interactive – and can be shared, too.” The company wrote in a Blog post. “By partnering with Musixmatch, we’re bringing the lyrics to life through in-app access to our extensive library of tracks.”
To access the feature:
In the Spotify mobile app
- Tap “Now Playing View” on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You will see track songs scrolling in real time while the song is playing!
- To share, just tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the song screen and then select the songs you want to share via third-party platforms – and where you want to share it -.
In the Spotify desktop app
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while the song is playing.
- Bhoila! You’ll see real-time scrolling track lyrics as the song plays.
In the SpotifyTV app
- Open “Now Playing View” on a song.
- Navigate to the “Song Button” in the right corner and select if you want to enable the song.
- Once enabled, you’ll see songs in the “Now Playing” view.