Officials: Cat warned residents of Syracuse apartment fire

SYRACUSE, NY (AP) — A cat may be the reason three residents escaped an apartment fire in upstate New York.

Residents were asleep when a fire broke out on the first floor of a building in Syracuse on Saturday morning. Fire officials said a cat in the house woke them up and everyone could evacuate, according to Syracuse.com.

When firefighters arrived, they had the fire under control in about 20 minutes.

The fire was confined to the first floor of the building, but officials said the building’s second floor also had to be evacuated.

All residents of the building were displaced by the fire. Red Cross emergency teams have been called in to assist.

.

Google News Follow 1
Officials: Cat warned residents of Syracuse apartment fire 2

Leave a Reply

x