T + NS – normal size
The Edge Group, which in just two years has grown into a leading technology company around the world, has achieved a successful participation in the Dubai Airshow after launching a series of new advanced products in the market and signing several new international agreements and partnerships with major OEMs, defense and technology companies and suppliers.
EDGE and nine of its aviation entities have entered into 16 joint ventures with a number of major industry companies, including Boeing, Embraer, Raytheon Emirates, CATIC, Lockheed Martin, L3Harris, IAI, Jivas, Strata, Sanad, Ledus, and Ansis, among many others. others, and performed a symbolic opening of a Middle East and Africa distribution center in Abu Dhabi, the result of the collaboration between JAL and CATEC of China.
Faisal Al Bannai, CEO and Managing Director of EDGE Group, said: “The success of this year’s Dubai Airshow is a testament to the strength of the aerospace industry and the incredible progress EDGE continues to make in the industry. And this is just the beginning as the current phase is one of the first predetermined phases in our journey that will transform the technology landscape in the UAE. The 13 products we launched this week tie in with more than 20 new, cutting-edge local products and services we’ve introduced over the past two years, and we currently have 40 more products in development. We will continue to build stronger partnerships with OEMs around the world wherever possible to ensure we continue on that path.
He added: EDGE will continue its pioneering role in creating and producing distinctive solutions for growth and enhancing national security, as well as supporting multiple areas related to the fourth industrial revolution to create an environment for sustainable economic growth, and to consolidate the UAE as a world-leading center for future industries and promote distinctive “Made in UAE” products and services in international markets. Our focus will continue to evolve on superior autonomous systems, intelligence and electronic warfare, smart weapons and intelligent solutions focused on speed and flexibility.”
EDGE’s main events during the exhibition were:
• “JAL” signed an exclusive contract worth 11 billion dirhams for the UAE’s air defense aircraft and air force.
• EDGE unveiled new additions to its portfolio of reconnaissance and combat drones.
• The main features of the program of the air defense missile system of Halkin «Sky Knight».
• The UAE’s first GPS anti-jamming system for flexible navigation.
• The opening of the two companies JAL and Catic, the first regional distribution center for aircraft logistics services.
• EPI extends the automation contract with Boeing.
• Signature of a Dirham 3.2 billion contract to supply the UAE armed forces with precision guided munitions.
• Edge teamed up with Embraer to incorporate the Halken Advanced Weapons System into the A-29 Super Tucano.
• EDGE has partnered with Sanad to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines.
• Halken enters into a 5-year agreement to use engineering simulation solutions from Ansys.
• Al Tariq completed successful integration programs and added improved modularity and mission flexibility to the ammunition group.
• EPI and Strata join forces to improve manufacturing capabilities of aircraft structures in the UAE.
• EPI’s extension of its contract with Stelia Aerospace, for a value of 310 million dirhams.
• Signature of a warehouse-level maintenance agreement between JAL and Omrok.
• AMMREC has signed a contract with the Tunisian Air Force for scheduled filling stations for the C-130 aircraft and their upgrade.