Deadly power surge from Astroworld claims ninth victim: concert-goer, 22, died on Thursday

Deadly Power Surge From Astroworld Claims Ninth Victim: Concert-Goer, 22, Died On Thursday

Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old student from Texas, passed away on Thursday from injuries from last week Astroworld festival in Houston.

Shahani was pronounced brain dead on Tuesday and was on a ventilator at Houston Methodist Hospital, where she was taken after the concert. It was the first festival Shahani had ever attended, her family said.

She is now the ninth victim of a deadly influx of audiences during the show, according to KTRK.

In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Shahani’s father Sunny said, “It was the wrong day and the wrong time for her to go to the concert, Astroworld.”

“Bharti used to take care of her whole family. Taking care of her younger sister, just like being her mother, because my wife started working with me and supporting me in the business,” her father said.

‘It was her first festival, she wanted to have a good time. For the first time in her life she wanted to have fun and that was taken away from her,” added another family member.

Shahani’s family has said that no one contacted them after the Astroworld disaster. The 22-year-old was a student at Texas A&M, where she had changed her major from chemical engineering to computer science, her father said.

Bharti Shahani, a senior at Texas A&M, died Thursday from injuries sustained at Astroworld

Doctors Have Told Bharti'S Family Her Chances Of Survival Are

Doctors have told Bharti’s family her chances of survival are “nothing,” her distraught father told ABC13.

She had attended Friday’s festival with her sister and cousin, who were all separated from each other amid the rush of the crowd.

Her father says they searched for her in several hospitals after losing contact with her, eventually finding her in critical condition at the Houston Methodist.

“She was like an angel to us. She was the head of the family. She was very nice to us. Always calm, always listening, and she had a bright future.

“All I ask of all of you is to please, please make sure you ask for justice. I don’t want anyone else’s daughter to be like this,” he said.

Eight people died, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and hundreds were injured in Friday’s festival.

“This was the first thing she asked me for herself,” Shahani’s mother said on Wednesday.

‘And first I said, ‘No, no, no’, because we don’t go to concerts. We don’t even know what this concert is about.

‘I know concerts may be music, having fun, but this is not a concert, no. This was not a concert. I don’t know what it was. but this wasn’t a concert because my baby didn’t come back.’

Shahani became the ninth victim of a deadly mob at the event, as fans begged Travis Scott to stop the show.

Eight people died Friday night at the NRG stadium, more than 300 people were treated at an emergency field hospital set up there, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and dozens more passed out.

Others whose deaths have been confirmed by various news outlets include 16-year-old Brianna Rodriguez and Rodolfo “Rudy” Peña, 23.

Peña was an ambitious model and dreamed of becoming a US Border Patrol agent, according to USA today.

He drove five hours from Laredo to Houston with his friends to attend the show, where he died of cardiac arrest.

His sister told the Laredo Morning Times, “My brother was the sweetest person, friendly, outgoing, he had a lot of friends because he was always there for everyone. Yes, he was a big fan of Travis, he loved his music.”

Sixteen-year-old Brianna Rodriguez was a dancer and a junior in high school.

“Gone from our sites, but never from our hearts,” her family wrote on Facebook.

Her family started a GoFundMe to help with funeral expenses. It has raised $8,910 from its $30,000 goal.

Peña was an ambitious model and dreamed of becoming a US Border Patrol agent, according to USA today.

Around 2 Pm, Hundreds Of Fans Stormed The Festival'S Vip Entrance.  About Seven Hours Later, The Wave In Front Of The Main Stage Killed Eight People, But The Two Events Seem Unrelated

Around 2 pm, hundreds of fans stormed the festival’s VIP entrance. About seven hours later, the wave in front of the main stage killed eight people, but the two events seem unrelated

Travis Scott and Drake could pay ‘billions’ in damages as 150 victims join lawsuit suing rappers after deadly crush on Astroworld concert

Travis Scott and drake could pay ‘billions’ in damages after a lawsuit was announced in which 150 people were injured in the deadly crush at the Astroworld concert.

powerhouse Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry, father of Liam Payne‘s friend Maya Henry, says he is being approached by more people “by the hour.”

Eight people died in the NRG stadium on Friday evening, more than 300 people were treated in an emergency field hospital set up there, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and dozens more became unconscious.

“More and more injured victims are contacting my firm every hour,” Henry said. “I believe the damage suffered by the victims could run into the billions.”

His clients include 23-year-old concert-goer Kristian Paredes whose complaint accuses Scott and Drake of “inciting chaos” at the event.

The Eight Dead (Lr): Rodolfo 'Rudy' Pena, 23;  Jacob Jurinek, 20;  Franco Patino, 21;  Brianna Rodriguez, 16;  Danish Baig, 27;  Axel Acosta, 21;  John Hilgert, 14;  Madison Dubiski, 23.

The Eight Dead (LR): Rodolfo ‘Rudy’ Pena, 23; Jacob Jurinek, 20; Franco Patino, 21; Brianna Rodriguez, 16; Danish Baig, 27; Axel Acosta, 21; John Hilgert, 14; Madison Dubiski, 23.

Texas resident Paredes says he was “seriously injured” and is demanding $1 million to cover the cost of his medical treatment.

He “immediately felt a push” at the front of the general admissions section as Travis Scott took the stage, the indictment said.

“Many begged guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored.”

The lawsuit, filed in Houston’s Harris County Court, alleges that Scott “caused chaos and mayhem in past events” and that “defendants knew or should have known about (Scott’s) previous conduct.”

The lawsuit also accuses Canadian rap superstar Drake, who joined Scott’s headline set, of contributing to the rise.

“When Drake took the stage with Travis Scott, he helped stir up the crowd, even though he knew about Travis Scott’s past behavior,” the indictment said.

He continued to perform even when the “crowds got out of hand” and the “crowd chaos remained,” it added.

High-profile attorney Ben Crump announced on Sunday that he had also filed suit against Scott and Astroworld.

Crump has represented the families of the police who murdered victims George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

He and co-advisor Bob Hilliard filed suit on Sunday on behalf of 21-year-old concertgoer Noah Gutierrez, who described “a scene of chaos and despair.”

The lawyers said they expect to file a lawsuit on behalf of other concert-goers during the week.

“We hear horrific stories of the terror and helplessness people have experienced — the horror of a crushing crowd and the horrific trauma of watching people die trying in vain to save them,” Crump and Hilliard said in the statement.

“We urge anyone who has suffered physical or emotional harm or witnessed the day’s events to contact us.”

.

Google News Follow 1
Deadly power surge from Astroworld claims ninth victim: concert-goer, 22, died on Thursday 10

Leave a Reply

x