Acting Premier of Victoria James Merlino has urged all Victorians to get vaccinated as soon as possible, with the Melbourne Group’s primary and secondary contacts reaching more than 115,000 people.
Victoria reported four new local COVID-1 infections on Friday morning, hours after the state was plunged into a week-long lockdown and authorities were injured in the sc0 incident while covering its outbreak.
There are 1,4522 people now known as primary contacts – or close contacts – related to the Melbourne outbreak of Whittlesea and Port, with one person being the link between the two.
Officials say the state is working on a highly contagious B111 variant, which was first discovered in India.
Victorian testing boss Jeroen Weimer recognized a number New risk Friday sites. This includes many high-risk social sites such as bars and clubs, where there is a “significant population nearby”, he said.
Mr Weimar urged people visiting the sites to test as soon as possible.
Mr Merlino said he was looking for an additional 1,160 ADF staff to assist the state’s contract tracer in the next fortnight.
“If we have those additional ADF staff working closely with official officers, we are effectively building our capacity to do that important work over the next few weeks,” he said.
Push the vaccine
There Thursday 1 17,22. Vaccination dose given – new daily record for the state.
Victoria’s huge vaccination centers started giving Pfizer shots to anyone aged 0 to 49 aged from Friday.
Mr Marlino himself, from that age group, said at a press conference that he would be vaccinated as soon as possible and urged everyone over the age of 0 to be vaccinated as soon as possible, except for other eligible groups.
“I will get my vaccine today,” he told reporters Friday morning.
“As soon as you qualify, get a bookie and get vaccinated. This is the epidemic of our epidemic and the best way.”
Even after the government announced the opening of children between the ages of 400 and 49, there were reports of people waiting for hours on the phone to book a vaccination appointment on Thursday.
Authorities reported 77,000 calls in 15 minutes.
Mr Merlino said the state had doubled the capacity of its booking centers to more than 300 people.
An online bookie system will also open in the coming weeks, he added.
Mr Weimar said the state was recording an average of 90,000 doses in recent weeks.
“We can double that number and we’re on track to see that number “In the last few days,” he said.
Friday’s caseload was obtained from Thursday’s 47,6622 coronavirus test results, which are above 400,411 on Wednesday.
Two new cases were acquired abroad and are currently in hotel quarantine. There are a total of 39 active events across the state.
The number of cases is less than 11 on Thursday.
People can leave home for only five reasons: to buy food and necessities, to provide or receive care, to exercise, to work or study, or to get vaccinated.
Mr Merlino said the federal government was responsible for the outbreak, pinning it on a sluggish vaccine rollout and failure on hotel quarantine.
Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt told ABC on Thursday night that 100,000 Australians had been fully vaccinated and that earlier that day there were still 74 old nursing homes across the country that were not vaccinated.
The new lockdown is the longest in Australia since Jobkeeper was fired in March.
Mr Hunt confirmed on Friday that the Commonwealth would not provide any financial assistance to the affected businesses, adding that the state government was preparing to announce a support package.
Readers seeking help with mental health can contact Blue Back on 1300 22 4636. More information is available Beyondblue.org.au. Embrace multicultural mental health Supports people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.