Golburn’s Gordon Hotel owner counts the lucky stars after the fire at the Goulburn Post

News, Local News, Golburn, Gordon Hotel, Brian Di Francesco, Fire, Police Investigations, Detective Chief Inspector Brendan Bernie, Ronnie Shower

A pleasant feeling filled the Gordon Hotel on Friday. Regularly went inside the door and sat on the yarn over a drink about the fire that was about a day before Pub Zion. “If it were the end of the world, it would be up,” said Ronnie Shower, a longtime patron and former barman. “It’s a bloody tragedy. I’ve been here since I started working with (former boss) Jean Bowerman. “Read more: Emergency services point to fire at Gordon Hotel in Golburn. “If he had gone he would have been devastated.” “I love the environment, the company and I’m sitting and sitting in the yarn,” he said. Owner and licensee Brian de Francesco remains a philosopher about Blair destroying a beer garden, an outdoor poker machine area and causing extensive damage to a bathroom. The fire broke out just after 11 a.m. Thursday, but NSW Fire and Rescue and RFS responded quickly. Thirty employees blocked its spread to the main structure of the historic Union Street Hotel. At this stage, the police did not believe that it was intentionally burned. Mr de Francesco described it as a “hiccup” as numerous patrons offered their movement and support on Friday. But he told the Post he was in “disbelief” when his staff reported the fire to him. He was in Sydney at the time. ALSO READ: A few weeks ago, a man accused of assaulting a former friend in the face in the face of an assault agreed to sell the hotel to a local man, Adrian Guest. Mr. Guest also owns the Exchange and Southern Railway Pubs. The garden had just opened when the back fire started. Manager Casey Crocker’s Hour Triple Zero immediately moved three employees, several patrons and individuals to the upstairs accommodation. Mr de Francesco could not be overly appreciative of his staff but said he was always ‘back’ quickly and thanked the police for their quick response. “I’m very relieved it didn’t affect the main building,” he said. “It got very close and at one point a fire broke out inside the Keg room.” ALSO READ: Rowena’s Story Part One: Her journey with acute myeloid leukemia will have to be rebuilt by demolishing the beer garden. The area also had an air conditioner, heater, television, chocolates and pinball machines. Mr de Francesco is awaiting an insurance assessment but it will be final until the police investigation is completed. Chief Detective Brandon Bernie said Blaze was no longer a suspect. “We are looking at a number of ways to investigate whether electrical faults and the person heating the gas in the beer garden contribute to the spread and depth of the fire,” he said. Early inquiries showed signs of starting in the beer garden. There was CCTV footage in the area, which remains to be seen. DCI Bernie said more information came Friday that police did not intentionally burn it, but officials said they were open-minded. Their forensic report and NSW fire and rescue investigation have not been completed. Police are still searching for any witnesses between 10am and 11am. The damage bill was unlikely to exceed $ 500,000, Threshold triggered a report to the NSW coroner. Also read: Garbage plant briefing session tells protesters ‘out in the cold’ Mr de Fensco said the hotel sale agreement could be postponed from June 22 until the insurance assessment is completed. But he doesn’t believe it jeopardizes sales. The Sydney man and his wife, Louise, bought the pub more than a year ago because of its history and location. “This is the lifestyle I want to try. I love people, patrons are the salt of the earth and Golburn people are excellent and welcome,” he said. “I had fun and not a day went by that I didn’t like to come down those stairs, facing different things that happen every day. I have so many happy memories.” During his time, de Francescos has been drawn into bars, bistros, accommodation upgrades, beer garden installations and local entertainment. But the latest offer proved to be “too good to be rejected.” “I felt like my time was up and I needed a set of new ideas. It’s time to retire,” said Mr de Francesco. “I will miss my staff but this is another chapter for me and them. I want to leave quietly and calmly and not go into such a statement!” Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. Here’s how you can access our trusted content:


Leave a Comment