“Cisco in healthcare? You don’t just sell switches and routers?“When I talk to clinicians, it’s a question they ask. And we welcome the conversation because it means we can stop bits, bytes, speeds and feeds and really get immersed in how technology is transforming patient care. We can talk about how video, contact center, wireless and mobility technology have changed every clinician’s experience. And it begins to understand that in today’s constantly connected world of healthcare, Cisco cannot change the experience of clinicians and patients alike.
For many years, Cisco’s invention has been fundamental to the growth of the tail health industry, and we are excited to announce the next generation of virtual care with its official release. Webex Telehealth connector for Epic. Patients and physicians can now initiate Webex Virtual Care sessions directly from within the EPIC workflow without having to download any software.
The most effective telehealth option for most healthcare providers and patients is a secure, webRTC experience delivered for the app by Cisco’s Webix Telehealth Connector. When I look to the future, patients will not be forced to download a new app or create a username and password just to see their doctor. The no-download experience may be even more important for countries already in the telecommuting curve as virtual care rules are evolving rapidly worldwide.
Is it in danger?
COVID-19 inspired governments around the world Temporarily relax the regulatory implementation of tehehealth Application security requirements, allowing healthcare providers to return to work quickly. While that was necessary in the short term, it became clear that there are many cell tail healing options in the healthcare system today. And many of them are not integrated, not scalable and not secure. Healthcare CIOs tell us that their top priority is to establish an enterprise telehealth standard that is integrated into the current workflow and can measure safety.
For health to be a sustainable post-epidemic, it is better than today. Here are five keys to sustainable virtual care worldwide;
- Simple To support Leverage technology is known by IT and your CISO supports it like Webex.
- Easy to connect. Almost all browsers and smartphones today support one app less experience via WebRTC. Patients are saying no to new app downloads and new passwords
- Built within security. Safety cannot be measured when telehealth distribution on a scale. We have designed our solutions to take advantage of the HITRUST Certified Webex Team Platform and meet ISO 2000001, 2001, 2001 standards standards.
- Reliable platform. Clinicians can definitely use it every time it works. And IT needs real-time visibility on connection issues and telemetry visits that help them reduce the frustration of providers and patients. Cisco Webex Control Hub delivers critical data to maximize uptime.
- Integrated into existing workflows. Providers and physicians want a procedure that they know and trust for the care of patients without jumping through the hoops of technology. We’ve integrated Cisco Webix with the Epic app through the Epic App Arcade API for an easy start-to-finish experience.
What’s next for virtual care?
While no one knows for sure, there is a possibility that privacy and safety requirements by governments and health care authorities around the world will not only return to pre-epidemic regulations but will increase in complexity as the number of virtual visits explodes. When you consider the new rules on information blocking, the level of complexity in healthcare infrastructure doubles again. We hear every day from IT leaders that they want to simplify the number of systems they support. So Cisco doubled on Webex and Healthcare innovation. Epic Integration is the first release of several solutions from Cisco.