After investigating the sexual abuse, Nike broke up with Neymar, the report says

Lionel Bonaventure | Getty Images

NikeThe partnership with football superstar Neymar da Silva Santos Jr. – better known as Neymar – ended last year after the company ended a sexual harassment investigation involving a player and an employee. The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday afternoon.

The company announced last summer that it had parted ways with Neymar, but gave no reason for the sudden move. According to reports, Nike’s contract with Neymar is still eight years away.

The report said it had identified an acquaintance and reviewed the documents. The company is investigating allegations of sexual harassment by a female Brazilian employee. A spokesman for Neymar told WSJ that he denies the allegations.

Nike was sued in 2018, the report said. In 201 In, the company hired an outside council to investigate. Nike later decided to block Neymar’s specialty in marketing, the report added.

Nike did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNBC.

In 2017, Neymar left Spanish club FC Barcelona to join Paris Saint-Germain for a record transfer fee. 323 crore.

Read the full report in the Wall Street Journal.

.

Leave a Comment

x