New ACT Coronavis Travel Rules for Victorians Canberra Times

Coronavirus,

Anyone who leaves Victoria at midnight and enters the law has been issued a new residence requirement following the announcement of Snap Lock in the state. Non-ACT residents leaving Victoria on Friday will be banned from regional tours unless they are granted a waiver. ACT residents returning from Victoria after 11.9pm on Thursday must complete the online declaration form 2 hours before arrival or by midnight on Friday. All passengers are required to go directly to the residence where they spend the stay and only go for the intended purpose. Those entering the area from Victoria over the age of 12 must wear a mask when leaving home, except without strenuous exercise outside, ACT Health advised. ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen Smith said about 68,800 people had been in Melbourne in the past one day. There is a person in quarantine who participated in the nearest contact exposure site. Forty informal contacts have been identified. ACT’s chief health officer, Karin Coleman, said a large number of high-risk sites were in Victoria. “In many of these places they have a high risk of transmission, so we expect to have a high number in each of those sites,” she said. Dr. Coleman said contacts are still missing to understand how the virus was transmitted from the initial case of a man who entered Victoria after completing a hotel quarantine in Adelaide. She said ACT Health would contact 19 people who had announced they were in the city of Vitalsia, where the outbreak began, so they could get a COVID-1 test in 24 hours. Dr. Coleman said those individuals should be separated until they get negative test results. ACT Health has reiterated its advice to Canberra residents who have come to Victoria at areas identified as at risk, they should be tested and self-isolated until their results are obtained. No non-ACT residents who have visited the nearest contact exposure site may enter the area without any approved discount. In the past 24 hours, 973 tests have been performed on ACT, and Drs. Coleman said the number should increase by more than 1 round00 days. In other news: COVID-1 centers testing centers are available at EPIC and Weston Creek, as well as respiratory clinics at Cross and Greenway, and Winnunga Nimimizah Tribal Health Services. Capacity has dwindled in recent months as the Garanan Center has been transformed into a vaccination clinic. “I’m really comfortable that we have a really good ability to provide baseline … but our clinical staff is able to grow in both [EPIC and Weston Creek] “We’re also able to find pop-up sites,” Dr. Coleman said. Health officials are traveling on flights from Melbourne to Canberra Airport that were set to alert passengers about the latest directions. ACT came after giving health advice. It formally removed all travel requirements with more Melbourne. Victorians have entered a seven-day “circuit breaker” lockdown from midnight, with travel banned within a five-kilometer radius of the home. In the last 2 hours after the identification of 12 other cases of coronavirus in the state. Linked to hotel quarantine violations in Adelaide, there are currently 34 active cases of coronavirus active across the state, with more Melbourne and Bendigo reports spread. More than 1,000 people have been identified as primary and secondary contacts. Infected, due to delay in diagnosis of the first case. In response, restaurants, pubs and cafes will only be allowed to provide takeaways. School and higher education will move to distance education. Most courts have banned travel from Victoria. The Northern Territory announced the Greater Melbourne and Bendigo hotspots from 12:01 a.m. Thursday. People arriving in the northern region need to be quarantined at either Alice Spray or Howard Spray facilities. Following the update, Western Australia announced that it had closed its border to Victorians from 10 a.m. Perth time on Thursday to prevent the virus from entering the state. Tasmania quickly launched an investigation, and Prime Minister Peter Gutwen announced that Tasmania would close its border with Victoria from 2 p.m. South Australia closed its border to passengers from Greater Melbourne on Wednesday evening. The Queensland government closed Victoria’s border at 11.59pm on Thursday, and Premier Anastasia Palazzak said anyone staying in Victoria after May 11 would be sent to Hotel Quarantine from 1am on Friday. Also read: Acting Premier of Victoria James Merlino announced Thursday morning that vaccination eligibility is open to children aged 400- to 49 years in the state. “If a lot of people were vaccinated we might be in a very different situation today than we are today,” Mr Merlino said. Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. Here’s how you can continue to access our trusted content:

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/fdcx/doc75cctognmdl1m3apk2qi.jpg/r11_74_3333_1951_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Leave a Comment

x