Australia locks millions of people in Victoria after 2V covetous incidents, allows travel for food, work and vaccinations – RT World News

The Australian state of Victoria has banned seven million residents from ‘essential’ work and travel after a new wave of cases linked to a more contagious type of coronavirus emerged.

Acting Premier of the State James Merlino announced the new week period “Circuit breaker” Lockdown on Thursday, telling reporters that a new outbreak is occurring “Increasingly uncontrolled” Short “Hard” Work

“We’re dealing with the highly contagious strain of the virus, the diversity of anxiety, which is going faster than we’ve recorded,” he said. Merlin said at a press conference in the state capital, Melbourne.

The new bans came after two cases linked to a viral strain were first detected in Victoria last week in India, 12 of them reported overnight between Wednesday and Thursday. He brought the kingdom 34 active case count.

Merlino said more than 10,000 people were identified as needing cantinens after meeting one of the potential new patients, and predicting that number. “Growing Up and Changing” In the coming days

Victoria’s fourth lockdown after Covid-19 appeared on the world stage at the end of 2019-2019. A new round of sanctions Thursday night local time will be effective from 11: 9 pm, forcing millions of residents to stay home for seven days, with the exception of immediate travel. “Essential Goods and Services,” “Authorized work” Or health reasons. However, Victorians were asked to stay within miles of their home.

Additional discounts are allowed in certain situations, such as when a person wants to visit “Close friend” Or someone within them “Bubble” Of immediate contacts. Schools will also be closed this week, while private weddings, funerals and religious gatherings are strictly prohibited.




Also on Rt.com
Australian PM rejects call to reopen border for citizens vaccinated for travel industry



Other Australian states have imposed strict restrictions on Victorian travelers “Circuit breaker,” A day earlier, South Australia made the same decision after Western Australia and Tasmania closed their borders with the state on Thursday. Queensland and the Northern Territory will ask passengers to quarantine for two weeks after arriving from Victoria.

In confirmed cases, this has been a major challenge, with Victoria’s vaccine drive recently being extended to residents aged 40-4, aged only over 0 years old. Merlin lamented the retreat campaign earlier this week, Saying “We may be facing a different set of circumstances” The dose was quickly rolled out. On the date, just shy 400,000 shots Less than 63,000 people across Victoria have been fully vaccinated.

While the state is now no stranger to lockdown – facing the world’s toughest sanctions than last year – its previous contingency policies have come under fire from officials and other residents. Last December, Victoria’s Ombudsman Deborah Glass released a scandalous report in which A.J. “Hard Lockdown” In July 2020, many public housing towers were installed “Not compatible with residents’ human rights,” And maybe “Against the law.” Last year a local business owner also brought a constitutional challenge against these policies but was eventually killed in court.




Also on Rt.com
‘Strict lockout’ in Australian state was ‘human rights violation’ and ‘against the law’: Lokpal



Like this story? Share it with a friend!

Leave a Comment

x